Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Tragic Confession

You have heard or suspected some unkind or slanderous rumor about me. Whatever it was it was nowhere near the truth. The truth is so much worse than anything you could have possibly heard or imagined. For me to try and defend my reputation against anything so trivial would be ridiculous!

The truth is my premeditated crimes were so heinous and malicious that they resulted in choosing to fatally execute an innocent man. And not just any man, but a man that was the nearest and dearest, bravest, most loving, most compassionate, and most perfect man in all of history. And not a humane execution but a tortuous excruciatingly painful death of the foulest humiliation in front of His own mother and before His very Father! That Jesus forgives me knowing the truth about me is miraculous! To say that I owe Him my life is such an understatement it is almost shameful to claim. My offering is so infinitely small by comparison yet I live with such joy and gratitude that I cannot explain it. You may have heard or suspected some unkind or slanderous rumor about me - whatever it was it was nowhere near the truth.

(Author unknown)

1 comment:

Soldier of Kurios said...

Cameron,

I confess to the same crime! Amen