Monday, August 8, 2011

Harold Camping, Harold Shmamping

"End Times prophet" Harold Camping's bold prediction of the May 21 2011 rapture has provoked widespread ridicule and mockery. Was he a false prophet, and an enemy of the Gospel? I think people have been way too harsh because here at the Bottom Line we realize that the problem is not with Mr Camping's eschatology - not at all! He just didn't pay enough attention in math class. This is not the time to abandon predictions of apocalypse and armageddon. We just need to seek out better numerologists and then we will be able to figure it all out.

Today, I am proud to say, the Bottom Line blog has spared no expense in bringing you, the valued audience, the best numerological end times analysis we could afford. We now cross live to the Bottom Line's premier numerology correspondent William Tapley (aka The Third Eagle Of The Apocalypse) for our latest eschatological update:



Wow, of course!!!! It is all so obvious - why did I never see it before??? So ok readers, no time to waste! It's time to get busy and plant that Y3K vegetable patch you've been procrastinating over. Make sure you leave that "in case of rapture" message on your answering machine. And keep an eye out for flying leopards with four heads . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell if this is a spoof or if the guy is serious.

BigIronDog said...

I love how he uses the calming, soothing river backdrop to delivery his spine-chilling FINAL WARNING. However, indeed Obama says the word "war" 44 times in his speech. coincidence? probably. I don't know what to make of it. This guy's delivery seems a bit rehearsed, but he's got me curious. I think I will check out the rest of his nature-hike videos.