Monday, June 30, 2008

John Wayne is Still Alive

The "Duke" is Tougher than Ever Doing the Rounds as a King James Only Preacher.

After watching his amazing hermeneutical feats you'll be too scared to read anything other than the 1611 Authorised Version because it's the one for REAL MEN! Eugene Peterson STAND UP and take note!



Don't take this the wrong way - I've always been a staunch KJV 1611 Authorised Version man (If it was good enough for the Apostle Paul then it's good enough for me). I've just never stopped people from exercising their right to read any of the unauthorised versions.

Though I can't prove it beyond doubt, I sincerely believe that the Textus Receptus is the best manuscripts. I have held to that personal conviction through many years of being mocked by people who somehow think the "Message" qualifies as something more than an expensive door stop. I hope the preacher in the video is a faithful preacher of the biblical Gospel and this video represents a momentary lapse of reason. And living in Europe I can attest to the fact that the prevailing secular humanism over here is driving the urinal to extinction. Furthermore, I've always suspected that the editors of the NIV (Nearly infallible version) sit down to urinate. It's just that there are so many better arguments to defend the KJV than posture.

1 comment:

Mark Sohmer said...

Cameron,

Ugh, this is bad preaching. Sadly, it's not even close to being the worst in the KJO camp.

Like you, I also am a KJ-only guy, though I don't wear it on my sleeve. At this point it seems the strongest case is for the Byzantine manuscripts, though good arguments can be made on the other side as well.

I'm not as staunch as I used to be. I wrote a long essay once defending the KJV, but now I'm not sure I'd hold every point as true that I used to. I'm up-in-the-air on this one, and a bit confused, to be honest.

It's not as black-and-white to me as it used to be. I recently re-read James White book on the subject, and he made some good points to consider. Right now I'm reading Norman Geisler's From God to Us and that is giving me much to consider as well.

Sadly, many of the KJVO defenders are the worst reasons to believe the KJV is the best version for us today. This video shows why. :(